Paradise Square, originally the old cemetery was the early burial ground for those who died in the vicinity of Mount Remarkable. It served the area from 1853 to 1869
when the new Melrose Cemetery was established. Some bodies were re-interred in the new cemetery. Detailed information boards have been located at the entrance of
Paradise Square to provide further information on the burials that are known to have taken place.
Now it is very well kept garden and picnic ground for locals and tourist to stop.